You could be eligible if you are currently an Associate Member who successfully completed the CIPD Advanced Diploma (or its past equivalent) or a Chartered Member. You also need to be able to demonstrate that you have a minimum of one year's experience working at Chartered Fellow grade.
If you're not sure what qualification you hold, please call our Customer Services team on +44 (0)208 612 6208.
Find out if you’re ready to upgrade, complete the online Pre-Assessment.
Upgrading your membership is rewarding, straightforward and can take as little as 60 minutes of your time.
- Get recognition for working at Chartered Fellow grade and use the designation Chartered FCIPD after your name.
- Show the world that you are a leading expert in people, work and change.
- Join the big debates to influence change, shape policy, and deepen your engagement with the people profession.
What we're looking for
Upgrading to Chartered Fellow could be for you if...
- you have experience working at Chartered Fellow level for a minimum of one year within the last five years. This is a minimum requirement, and it’s likely that you will need more than a year
- you are an experienced people professional who is working strategically with high levels of complexity
- your work will usually be entirely strategic in thinking and/or delivery
- you’ll lead the thinking on people function across the organisation
- your work changes mindsets and attitudes, transforming the way organisations think about and value their people
- your evidence-based thinking is driving complex people programmes which have a significant long-term impact (sustained over a period of years) on the organisation, its sector and in the wider profession
- your expertise influences at senior levels and is shaping the future of the people profession
- you’re a role-model for the people profession, making ethical decisions backed by professional integrity
The Chartered Fellow grade is aligned with the corresponding level in the new Profession Map. If you are interested in upgrading to Chartered Fellow, use the membership standards to determine if this is the right membership grade for you.
Your steps to upgrading to Chartered Fellow:
Step 1 - Take the online Pre-Assessment
Find out if you’re ready to upgrade your membership, based on your current level of experience. It’s free, flexible and quick with our online Pre-Assessment Tool.
- Gives you an immediate result.
- Takes around 10 minutes to complete.
- Can help you identify areas for development.
Step 2 - Upgrade assessment
Once you’ve completed the online Pre-Assessment and received confirmation of your eligibility to upgrade, the next step is to prepare for your assessment. This will be your opportunity to showcase your current people experience with one of our experienced CIPD assessors.
What help and support is available through the process?
How much does it cost?
The video assessment fee to upgrade to Chartered Fellow is £250. (The assessment fee is non-refundable)'
Once you've upgraded successfully, you'll start paying the Chartered Fellow fee the next time you renew your membership.
A CIPD membership enables you to effectively map out your people profession career path and grow your HR & L&D knowledge. Find out more with CIPD today.
Use the membership standards to identify if a membership grade is right for you.