The Sub-Committee on Education, Skills and the Economy announced its Inquiry on 8 December 2015, and focused in particular on developments since the publication of the Education Committee report Careers guidance for young people: The impact of the new duty on schools in 2013.
Submissions were invited to address the following points:
- The quality and impartiality of current provision
- How careers advice in schools and colleges can help to match skills with labour market needs
- The role of the new Careers and Enterprise Company and its relationship with other bodies, such as the National Careers Service
- The balance between national and local approaches to careers advice
- Careers advice and apprenticeships
- The potential for employers to play a greater role in careers advice