One of the leading events for L&D and HR professionals, this year’s show has been designed to help organisations drive higher performance through learning. The two-day event will bring together industry-leading L&D experts and thought-leaders as they explore the future of learning, leadership and talent development, and strategic L&D. The programme combines traditional and new conference formats, including keynote talks, panel-based discussions, case studies, workshops and ‘how to’ sessions that will allow L&D professionals to add real value to their organisations.
Each session belongs to one of four streams covering key areas of learning and development for 2018:
- Technology and the Future of Learning – learn about the skills L&D professionals will need in the future, the potential impact of artificial intelligence and learning technology, and the applications of virtual reality and mobile learning
- Leadership, Skills and Talent Development – discover effective leadership strategies and development programmes, best practice for line managers, as well as motivation, apprenticeships, coaching and bridging the skills gap
- Strategic L&D for Business Performance – find out how L&D can enhance business potential by exploring analytics, inclusive learning, supporting business change and strategic L&D
- Learning Fundamentals – discover essentials such as the science of learning, effective content curation, self-directed learning, application to performance management and user-led design
Andy Lancaster, Head of Learning and Development at the CIPD, said: “The evolving world of work has had a significant effect on learning and development within organisations. Learning must become more central in supporting organisational performance and productivity, embedded in the organisation and part of its daily rhythm. Learning offerings must subsequently become a rich blend of formal and informal, online and in person, at home and at work. The growing influence of emerging technologies has underpinned these fundamental changes, making learning even more accessible, anywhere and anytime.
"As a result, L&D professionals must now be tech-curious and savvy, able to make the right decisions for their organisation and agile in their approach to delivering learning in the flow of work. We’ve designed this year’s show to allow L&D professionals to do just this, equipping them with the tools and knowledge they need to ensure the learning they deliver will help drive their organisations specific needs and objectives.”
David Willett, Corporate Director at The Open University, said: “The Open University is delighted to be partnering with the CIPD at the Learning & Development Show for our fourth year running. It’s crucial that organisations invest in their talent to boost the higher-level skills required to remain competitive and agile in a complex and changeable economic, political and technological environment. This year’s show is highly relevant and we look forward to experiencing it alongside all the L&D professionals in attendance.
“We will be presenting the outcome of new market research on apprenticeships, taking a look at the latest attitudes towards the levy, the adoption of degree apprenticeships and examples of organisations that are benefiting. We also look forward to welcoming visitors to our stand at the exhibition.”
Running alongside the conference, the L&D Show Exhibition gives delegates and visitors the opportunity to explore a wide variety of learning and development resources under one roof. Key suppliers will be covering the whole spectrum of L&D activity, including talent development, coaching and technologies and innovation.
As well as on-stand activities, launches and previews, the exhibition features a free programme of learning including:
- Interactive panel discussions with industry experts to allow attendees to pose questions to L&D leaders
- Topic Taster sessions giving bite-sized updates on current L&D and OD issues
- An interactive Learning Arena highlighting innovative learning techniques. They will also host speed networking events, a fast and fun way to meet new contacts
To join in discussions before and during the event follow #cipdLDShow on Twitter.
If you wish to reproduce this press release in full on your website, please link back to the original source.
Are you a journalist looking for expert commentary and insights on the world of work?