One of the leading events for L&D and HR professionals, this year’s show is based around driving growth through agile learning, and will focus on new ways of meeting the needs of both inpidual learners and the wider organisation. The two-day conference has 29 sessions, each belonging to one of five streams covering key areas of learning and development for 2016.
The five streams are:
- Leadership Development and Coaching – enhancing capability in your leaders and line managers to influence organisational culture and increase performance
- Includes: Developing and Empowering your Line Managers with speakers from Discovery Networks International and Canon UK
- Digital Learning – embedding digital learning and technology in your organisation in order to develop a more successful strategy and identifying the key tools to make learning more accessible and engaging
- Includes: Learning by Doing: motivating your learners through Gamification with speakers from McDonald’s Restaurants and E.ON
- Science of Learning – using a scientific approach to L&D to improve the effectiveness of your learning solutions, and understanding how people learn to improve business performance.
- Includes: Brain-friendly Learning: understanding how people learn to enhance L&D with speakers from Inspired Recovery and Think.Change
- Learning and Talent Development – building development strategies which add value to your organisation, and design effective learning solutions for your people
- Includes: Developing the Skills of the Next Generation with speakers from D&D London and Fujitsu
- Organisation Development – advance organisational learning and align your leadership, people and culture through new forms of change
- Includes: Removing Organisational Barriers to Empower your People with speakers from NHS Employers
Running alongside the conference, the free L&D Show Exhibition gives conference delegates and visitors the chance to explore and assess a wide variety of learning and development services and resources under one roof. Key suppliers will be covering the whole spectrum of L&D activity including technologies and innovation, talent development and coaching.
As well as on-stand activities, launches and previews, the exhibition features a free programme of half-hour sessions, providing further tips and insights from suppliers and the CIPD:
- Topic Taster sessions will give bite-sized updates on today’s L&D and OD issues and solutions. A new feature this year is Ignite Plus, covering L&D issues at the top of today’s business agenda. These lively five-minute presentations will see participants asking quick-fire questions to tap into cutting-edge ideas and developments.
- The Technology for Learning sessions give practical advice on the latest L&D technologies and innovations.
- An interactive Learning Arena puts the spotlight on innovative learning techniques. They will also host Speed Networking events, a fast and fun way to meet new contacts.
To find out more about the 2016 L&D Show and secure your place.To join in discussions before and during the event follow #cipdLDShow on Twitter.
If you wish to reproduce this press release in full on your website, please link back to the original source.
Are you a journalist looking for expert commentary and insights on the world of work?