The CIPD has appointed Croner to enhance its employment law offering for members, by delivering a new employment law helpline which will provide free advice on all aspects of UK and Irish employment law 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Available from 18 September 2017, the helpline will be available to all CIPD members, who can ask for guidance on any legal issues regarding specific situations they face in their job, including dismissal, discrimination, redundancy, and new UK or Irish legislation. The service will also enhance the CIPD’s existing HR-inform service, an online HR and employment law resource that helps members apply current legislation and follow good practice.
'We’re delighted to be able to offer such an exciting further service for our members, in partnership with Croner,' said Peter Cheese, CIPD CEO. 'As UK employment law continues to evolve to meet the changing context of work and the wider political environment, staying up to date with employment law and ensuring businesses are compliant is more important than ever. 24/7 employment law advice will provide our members with guidance whenever and wherever they need it and enable them to navigate the employment landscape effectively and help shape the future world of work.'
Croner has been providing practical advice and information to HR professionals and business leaders since 1947. All Croner consultants who provide advice will have a minimum qualification of a CIPD level 7 or be a qualified solicitor with at least two years PQE (Post-Qualified Experience).
- The service will replace the current CIPD employment law helpline for UK-based members. New features include:
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week access to support (previously available 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday)
- Advice on Irish employment law (previously UK employment law only)
- Uncapped call duration (previously 12 mins maximum)
- Annual call entitlement increased to 20 calls per year, (previously 12 calls per year)
- For chartered members, annual call entitlement increased to 25 calls per year. For members who also subscribe to HR-inform the entitlement will increase to 40 calls (50 if you are a chartered member).
- Free and unlimited Health and Safety telephone advice – 09:00-17:00, Monday to Friday
- Commercial legal advice and tax, VAT and PAYE advice available at £24.50 per call.
For more information, see Advice and support for CIPD members.
Are you a journalist looking for expert commentary and insights on the world of work?
Latest news from the CIPD
Championing better work and working lives
About the CIPD
At the CIPD, we champion better work and working lives. We help organisations to thrive by focusing on their people, supporting economies and society for the future. We lead debate as the voice for everyone wanting a better world of work.