Given the fast-paced change in the world of work, he provided a rich understanding of how HR can enable action to deliver a more agile workforce, be fit for the future and create value. He offered the following useful approach:
- Recognise that value is defined by receiver more than giver
- Serve internal and external stakeholders
- Deliver key outcomes of individual talent and organisational capability
- Use digital HR
- Design the right HR department
- Build the right HR competencies
- Make the line managers owners
In a thought provoking and inspiring masterclass, Ulrich also provided answers to delegates’ questions. One of these was based on the current relevance of the Ulrich’s HR model which was introduced two decades ago given the enormous changes that have occurred in the global space and the world of work. Citing for example, how the mobile phone industry has evolved, Ulrich stated that the world has undergone several changes since then and so should the model. The HRBP 2.0, a recent white paper provides Ulrich’s latest proposition for HR.
Championing better work and working lives
About the CIPD
At the CIPD, we champion better work and working lives. We help organisations to thrive by focusing on their people, supporting economies and society for the future. We lead debate as the voice for everyone wanting a better world of work.