Are you working at the Chartered Member level?
At this level you are typically using your professional expertise to deliver medium to long-term value for organisations and the people in them. Your work is likely to be operational in nature, with a strategic overview.
The nature of your work
Your work will require thinking at a strategic level, and have complexity in the thinking or delivery of outcomes in the people profession. Delivery will usually be operational, working with a range of stakeholders.
How you use information
You'll synthesise information from a range of sources, critically question it, and evaluate it to make judgements and decisions.
Your influence and impact
You'll work with and influence a range of people professionals and other stakeholders. Your work will create medium to long-term value for a wide range of people.
If this reflects your current role, you’ll also:
- influence a range of stakeholders, including other people professionals and managers in your organisation or client organisations, though your work will impact a wider audience
- drive change that focuses on valuing people, ensures fairness in the way people are treated and managed, and improve the collective well-being and success of organisations (and those who work for them)
- work with integrity, making ethical and evidence-based decisions
- demonstrate your professionalism through your commitment to CPD and the development of others.
CIPD membership grade
The standards in this level equate to Chartered Membership.
Interested in becoming a Chartered Member? Find out how.
Who should look at the standards at this level?
If the descriptions at this level are a reflection of your role, then you should use these standards to have your best impact.
This level may also apply to the following: Student members studying towards Advanced qualifications, or Affiliate members who meet the descriptions above.
Explore the Chartered Member-level standards in depth
The standards inside the Profession Map will help you:
- embrace and drive change within organisations
- use your expertise to increase your sphere of influence
- support you and the teams you work with to develop professionally
- prove the value of your work as a people professional.
The Profession MapDownload the full set of standards
Next: Chartered Fellow level
For those who create long-term value for the profession, combining strategic insight and people expertise through complex thinking and delivery.
Make the most of the Profession Map
The Profession Map is for everyone in our profession – individuals and teams, members and non-members. Learn more about the Profession Map and how you can use it.
Explore the purpose, values, knowledge and behaviours at the heart of our profession