The CIPD’s purpose is to champion better work and working lives – for the benefit of businesses, economies, the people that drive them and the societies they form part of. To fulfil this ambition, the professional body works tirelessly to make the case for better work and fly the flag for the people profession as the experts that can make good work a reality for all.
An important part of this is sharing expert insights with influential media, to help ensure that decision-makers in the world of work have access to all the latest evidence about what works – and what doesn’t.
Highlights from the month of April include:
- Keeping Health and wellbeing at work at the top of business agenda – reported by HR media including Employee Benefits and Office Insight, as well as regional publications such as the Yorkshire Post.
- Continuing to fly the flag for inclusive flexible working practices after our latest research found that a growing number of employers are reporting increased productivity as a result of home and hybrid working – this was reported in-depth in the Times and Times Radio (scroll to 01:55:20).
- Highlighting employers’ role in supporting people through the cost-of-living crisis and impending pay squeeze – the CIPD’s statement was covered in live feeds from the Telegraph and the Guardian, as well as HR media.
- Calling on policy makers to give employers more choice in how they invest in skills development – reported by Financial Times* and Personnel Today.
- Making the case for more meaningful gender pay gap reporting – reported by the Guardian, The Independent, The London Economic and Stylist.
- Highlighting the importance of employment practices that are inclusive, fair and free from bias, to help ensure that no one feels obliged to change or anglicise their name in order to fit in or get on at work – with the CIPD’s expert commentary included in a report by BBC News, which was broadcast across several national programme and regional stations.
*This article is behind a paywall
Championing better work and working lives
About the CIPD
At the CIPD, we champion better work and working lives. We help organisations to thrive by focusing on their people, supporting economies and society for the future. We lead debate as the voice for everyone wanting a better world of work.