Apprenticeships provide an opportunity for employers to grow their own talent. The employer provides an apprentice with real-life work experience and the support of a structured learning framework delivered by the training provider.
What is my responsibility at enrolment?
- Ensure the apprentices have a role that provides the opportunity to develop the Knowledge, Skills & Behaviour.
- Ensure you adhere to the legal requirement of an apprenticeship agreement with the apprentice.
- Liaise with the training provider. View the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers.
What is my responsibility on programme?
- Ensure the apprentice undertakes real, productive work to be able to meet the standard.
- Allow the apprentice to attend external off-the-job training and assessments.
- Take part in regular reviews, support and feedback with the apprentice and training provider.
- Agree a proposed Gateway date with the training provider.
What is my responsibility at Gateway?
- Attend a Gateway meeting with the apprentice and training provider.
- Discuss occupational competence and readiness for End Point Assessment.
- Ensure all the Gateway evidence has been completed, signed and submitted on SmartEPA.
What is my responsibility during EPA?
- Leading up to EPA, check that the apprentice feels prepared.
- Check the apprentice has received details of when and where their assessment will take place.
- Check that the apprentice has met their agreed deadline dates for any submissions. For further information click here.
As an apprentice you will undertake on-the-job and off-the-job training, developing the knowledge, skills and behaviours to be occupationally competent
As a training provider you will work with the employer and support the apprentice during the off-the-job training. You will provide opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours detailed in the standards