Through networking events, roundtables and thought leadership opportunities, we're building a community of HR leaders to learn from each other and influence the direction of the future of work, as well as the future of the people profession.
Who is the network for?
Our Senior HR Leaders network is open to HR directors (HRDs), chief HR officers (CHROs) and chief people officers (CPOs) from organisations such as large publicly listed companies, public health trusts, central government departments, local authorities, large charities, and high-street names. Members of the network are the most senior HR professional in the organisation, reporting into the CEO.
Why join our HR leaders network?
Our network gives you the opportunity to connect with your peers in an exclusive, closed environment and to influence the CIPD’s policy and research work. It offers a mix of virtual and face-to-face opportunities including networking events, roundtables and fringe events at CIPD conferences, the ability to feed into research and thought leadership, and opportunities to shape and give back to the wider profession.
As well as connecting with other HR leaders and CIPD experts, joining the network provides opportunities to interact with and influence external stakeholders, such as governments, top academics, business thought leaders, and other regulatory and business bodies.
Remit and benefits:
- Opportunity to influence and input into CIPD policy and research.
- Regular peer-to-peer roundtables and networking activities.
- Support and guidance from peers and the CIPD.
- Peer learning and sharing of challenges and ideas.
- Opportunity to influence the direction of the people profession.
- Opportunity to give back to the profession, through mentoring Aspiring HRDs.
- Opportunities for platform and profile building (such as speaking at CIPD conferences).
Other senior specialist networks:
In addition to the HR Leaders network, we offer five other specialist practitioner networks for senior professionals:
- Culture and Transformation Leaders: A community for senior people professionals working in the fields of organisational development, design, culture and transformation. A space for OD, change and transformation professionals to connect and share concerns, questions and ideas about supporting your organisations and employees.
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) Leaders: A community for senior ED&I professionals to connect and share concerns, and to form ideas about where to create impact through ED&I within the organisation.
- Learning and Development (L&D) Leaders: A community for senior L&D directors to connect and share ideas around learning and development, and training.
- Reward Leaders: A community for senior rewards and pay professionals to connect and share ideas around topics involving reward, pay, benefits and pensions.
- Recruitment and Talent Acquisition Leaders: A community for senior recruitment and talent acquisition professionals to connect and share ideas around recruitment practices, hiring and talent acquisition.
How to join
To express your interest in joining any of these networks, please email email@example.com telling us a bit about yourself, your role and your organisation.
These CIPD-run networks are exclusively for practitioners who are operating at a senior level. Professionals at other career stages can get involved in other networks run by our teams around the world. The CIPD Community also offers debate and advice from members.
More ways to get involved
Use your expertise to make a meaningful impact through our volunteering programmes
Whether you’re looking for a mentor or want to sharpen your own mentoring skills, there’s a range of CIPD programmes to get involved in