The Royal Navy has been awarded CIPD People Development Partner (PDP) status, showing commitment to its workforce and fostering a culture of continuous development. This achievement also highlights the Royal Navy's commitment to unlocking individual potential and empowering its personnel to thrive.
People are the Royal Navy’s greatest asset and are at the heart of their core values. Their comprehensive People Strategy is designed to support individuals throughout their journey in the Royal Navy, enabling them to ‘Join Well, Train Well, Work Well, Live Well and Leave Well.’
To achieve the award of People Development Partner, the Royal Navy aligned its HR practices to the CIPD profession map, including using the map in job descriptions and identifying knowledge levels and behaviours.
The Royal Navy also:
- Enabled employees to complete the CIPD Royal Navy Development programme which provides delegates with external insights and the knowledge required to drive impact in their role. The development programme has also provided the opportunity to increase collaboration internally and share insights to more effective ways of working.
- Empowered employees who already have CIPD membership to utilise the CIPD self-assessment tool to measure their capability. This enabled them to access self-directed learning content through the CIPD learning hub and enabled them to create individual learning plans, taking charge of their own development and career progression.
These collective efforts resulted in:
- Over 200 Royal Navy delegates, who have completed the Royal Navy development programme, to achieve CIPD membership through experience assessments.
- 55 Royal Navy employees within the people function gaining CIPD membership in 2023.
- An ongoing commitment to assisting more employees to complete experience assessments and gain CIPD membership.
In achieving PDP status, the Royal Navy has shown its commitment to investing in continuous workforce development and advancing its People Team. This accomplishment demonstrates their dedication to the growth and well-being of its workforce, ensuring a stronger and more capable organisation.
Explore our related content
Discover more about how your organisation can became a prestigious CIPD People Development Partner.
The international standard that equips people professionals to make their greatest impact