Are you working at the Associate level?
At this level you are typically using your professional expertise to deliver short to medium-term value for organisations and the people in them.
The nature of your work
Your work will usually be operational in nature, reacting to business need, and will have some complexity to it. You'll be contributing to the thinking around the work as well as delivering outcomes for the people profession.
How you use information
You'll analyse information from different sources to use in your work, and to inform your choices and actions.
Your influence and impact
You’ll usually be working with, and influencing, immediate people professional colleagues and customers. Your work creates short-term value for a wider customer base than those you immediately work with.
If this reflects your current role, you’ll also:
- work with a number of stakeholders to deliver work which values people, and support the well-being and success of organisations and the people who work for them
- seek to ensure fairness in the way people are treated and managed, and encourage people to share their opinions and have their voices heard
- work with integrity, making ethical and evidence-based decisions
- demonstrate your professionalism through your commitment to your CPD, and take opportunities to share your learning with others.
CIPD membership grade
The standards in this level equate to Associate Membership.
Interested in becoming an Associate Member? Find out how.
Who should look at the standards at this level?
If the descriptions at this level are a reflection of your role, then you should use these standards to have your best impact.
This level may also apply to the following: Student members studying towards Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced qualifications, or Affiliate members who meet the descriptions above.
Explore the Associate-level standards in depth
The standards inside the Profession Map will help you:
- expand your capabilities to become a better practitioner
- explore opportunities to advance your career
- prove the value of your work.
The Profession MapDownload the full set of standards
Make the most of the Profession Map
The Profession Map is for everyone in our profession – individuals and teams, members and non-members. Learn more about the Profession Map and how you can use it.
Explore the purpose, values, knowledge and behaviours at the heart of our profession