Welcome to our branch
Thank you for visiting our branch page and for your interest in being part of our local community of people professionals. Founded in 2000, the CIPD branch in Gibraltar continues to offer networking and professional development opportunities to the growing number of HR professionals working within Gibraltar.
Our branch's ambition is to continue acting as a channel for member and potential member engagement at a local level. To provide a network of support for practitioners, build capability, attract new members, facilitate events providing notable speakers and leaders in the people profession and raise the profile of the profession and the CIPD within Gibraltar.
We continue to provide support and representation to the local HR community, enabling opportunities for our members and other people professionals to network, share their expertise, and remain compliant with local (and UK) legislation, trends and best practice.
We aim to raise the profile of the profession in Gibraltar, to encourage business leaders to recognise HR as a strategic business partner and to promote human resource management, learning and development and organisational development.
Kathleen Wilkes, Chartered MCIPD
Come along to
Our members rate their access to a local branch in their top three membership benefits. Come along to our branch events to discover other CIPD benefits. Explore the issues and trends impacting our profession. Network, learn and share ideas with people professionals in our area.
Our branch committee plan a full year of relevant and engaging events for people professionals. We champion better work and working lives in Gibraltar, by:
- Promoting the people profession as a strategic business partner within organisations
- Providing networking opportunities for ‘people people’ to share knowledge, experience and challenges in all things HR and people-oriented
- Providing regular opportunities for members to build and grow their professional network and to meet with like-minded people professionals
- Offering support to our HR community to better enable them to adapt to and remain compliant with changes in local (and UK) employment law and legislation
- Arranging events in which expert speakers and Government representatives deliver talks, advice and solutions on subjects relating to HR management, best practice and trends in the world of work
- Being a voice in local HR matters at both organisational and national levels
- Providing L&D and CPD opportunities to all our members
Our branch achieves this by encouraging local networks for practitioners, providing visibility and input into public policy agendas and working collaboratively with the Gibraltar Government.
We welcome and support newcomers. Members are encouraged to contribute ideas and make suggestions of relevant issues to address to benefit the locally registered companies and their workforce.
At whatever level you wish to be involved, we are sure you will find it both useful and enjoyable. If you are interested in finding out more about joining our branch committee or being a facilitator of an event, get in touch by email.
Networking and learning
With workshops, round tables, panel discussions and expert speakers, our thought-provoking events cover everything our community needs. Network, learn and stay up to date.
Keen to get involved, give back or raise your profile? Whatever your skills and interests, learn more about branch volunteering.
Support for student members
Just starting out on your career? Want to meet experienced people professionals and keep up to date with all the topics you cover in your studies? We’re here for you as you study for your CIPD qualification.
Want to get involved? Got an idea for an event? We want to hear from you!Email us
Stay connected with our community
Join our community of champions for better work and working lives
Tackling barriers to work today whilst creating inclusive workplaces of tomorrow.