This inaugural report provides an overview of what UK employers are currently doing to improve inclusion and diversity (I&D) in their workplaces and the measures they have found to be effective. It also highlights the gaps in practice that warrant further consideration and action.
Download the report and executive summary
Report: Inclusion at work 2022Download the report
Executive summary: Inclusion at work 2022Download the executive summary
Based on the evidence in the report, we make seven recommendations to help people professionals re-energise their own approach to practice that will support equality, diversity and inclusion in their organisation.
7 recommendations for practice
- Build an evidence-based long-term plan or strategy with impact measures to track progress.
- Take a data-driven approach to gain buy-in, investment and maximum impact.
- Critically assess your people management approach with an I&D lens.
- Enable managers, including through job design and training on core people management skills, to fulfil their vital role in creating inclusive workplaces.
- Support leaders to champion I&D as role models and hold others accountable.
- Tailor your approach to I&D to your organisational context.
- Take a long-term view; don’t take your foot off the pedal.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
New learning programme, that brings bright ideas with greater impact for a thriving workplace.
Discover our practice guidance and recommendations to tackle bullying and harassment in the workplace.
This online calendar, produced in partnership with Diversiton, is for individual CIPD members’ own personal use and highlights over 240 important dates including holy days, religious festivals, health and wellbeing awareness days, special events and bank holidays.
A practical look at supporting employee resource groups (ERGs) and staff networks
This report explores employees’ experiences of menstruation and menstrual health at work and details how employers can develop a supportive culture
Read our latest Labour Market Outlook report for analysis on employers’ recruitment, redundancy and pay intentions this autumn
A report seeking common ground in skills policy across the UK’s four nations