Show you have business impact
Associate Membership demonstrates you have the people skills to deliver on today’s business needs. You’re sought-after for your experience, trusted for your up-to-date knowledge, and respected for your professional commitment to good practice.
Your Assoc CIPD designation helps to raise your profile within the people profession and can open the door to new job opportunities. It establishes your credibility and knowledge as a professional.
Working at Associate Member grade means you’re delivering an operational impact with increasing complexity. You’re using your knowledge to address and react to business needs, and you actively influence the day-to-day people approach in your organisation.
This grade is for you if…
- You have experience working at Associate Member level for a minimum of one year within the last five years.
- You’re delivering ‘hands-on’ operational work with some complexity that supports wider business needs.
- You’re contributing to the thinking and development of people solutions for your organisation.
- You’re using your experience and expertise to implement HR and L&D solutions such as people projects, or advising on practice and policy.
- You’re collaborating with, and influencing, immediate stakeholders such as professional colleagues or customers.
- You’re using evidence and information from different sources to inform your decisions and actions.
- You’re building an understanding of your organisation and the complexity of its people issues.
- You’re using your knowledge of people practices to evaluate how your work impacts people and the organisation.
When you’re an Associate Member, you can use the designation Assoc CIPD after your name.
The Associate Member grade is aligned with the corresponding level in the Profession Map. If you are interested in becoming an Associate Member via Experience Assessment, use the Membership standards to determine if this is the right membership grade for you.
Two options to become an Associate Member:
We also have Academic Member grades for academics and researchers working in the field of HR and L&D.
To recognise exceptional leaders, we have a Chartered Companion grade which is the highest level of recognition awarded by the CIPD. Following a nomination process, the CIPD Board selects individuals to enter this grade.
Ensure your career in HR or learning and development is as rewarding as it can be with the CIPD. Take a look at our current membership fees.
Use the membership standards to identify if a membership grade is right for you.