Our membership year runs from 1 July to 30 June. However you can join membership at any time although this may affect how much you pay.
Cost of membership
Total cost of membership = cost of achieving membership + joining fee + membership fee
- The cost of achieving CIPD membership is a one-off cost. It is either the cost of studying for a qualification, the cost of undertaking Experience Assessment, the cost of completing an upgrade assessment or the cost of the Academic Membership assessment.
- The joining fee is a one-off administrative charge of £40 or €46 which is paid when you first become a member or when you rejoin membership after letting it lapse.
- The membership fee is paid annually. Current membership fees are displayed below.
Student Members and Affiliate Members only need to pay the membership fee applicable for their grade, plus the joining fee when they first join or rejoin membership.
Paying for your membership
- You'll need to pay all your fees in one go by credit or debit card.
- Assessment fees can be paid via an invoice to your employer – get in touch if you’d like us to arrange this.
- All fees need to be paid in GBP. Card payments will be charged the exchange rate of your financial services provider.
Student membership is discounted and costs 40% less than our Associate membership fees.
Replacement certificate fee
The cost of a replacement qualification certificate is £30.00 or €35.
Please call our Customer Services team on telephone no: +44 (0) 208 612 6208 to order the replacement, quoting your membership number.
How do I...
A CIPD membership enables you to effectively map out your people profession career path and grow your HR & L&D knowledge. Find out more with CIPD today.
Explore our extensive member benefits, designed to support you in your work and to help you develop your career.